One Month Life Expense
It costs about ￥100,000 per month to live in Tokyo.
|Housing||Food||Commute||Fuel and Light||Insurance||Hobby
Rent of student dormitories that TCJ provides costs about ￥35,000～￥40,000 per month.
Aside from the rent, certain amount of initial fee is also involved. StudentDormitory
In the case where one rent an apartment, the following fee is usually involved.
|Rent||1st month rent (according to residential dates) ＋2nd month rent|
|Deposit||About 1～2 months’ rent (partly returned when leaving the apartment)|
|Key money||About 1～2 months’ rent (partly returned when leaving the apartment)|
|Commission fee||About 1month’s rent|
For example, it is recommended to prepare ￥200,000～￥300,000 when renting a ￥50,000/month apartment.
National Health Insurance
In Japan cost of medical care is very high. And therefore please subscribe the National Health Insurance, which is securement for reassured life abroad. Those with a Student Visa should go to city, ward, town and village governments of the place they live for the subscription procedure.
If National Health Insurance subscribers go to hospital or clinic for treatment,the Insurance covers 70% of the medical care in principle, and the subscribers need to pay the rest 30% themselves.
If the subscribers move to another place, they should go to city, ward, town and village governments of their new place to renew the insurance.
For insurance renewal, please go to the government window to change for a new insurance card with the old one. Without the renewal procedure, one will not be deemed as subscribers of the insurance.
International Student Insurance
If one has both National Health Insurance and International Student Insurance,life abroad is more secured.
International Student Insurance covers the part exceeding ￥3,000 if one has topay under the National Health Insurance. (Chronic disease and dental care are excluded.)
For those with Student Visa, the International Student Insurance fee is included within the tuition fee.